Introduction The module is designed to equip a student to use computers for professional as well as day to day use. It provides a theoretical background as well as in-depth knowledge of Software/ packages.Objectives After completing the module, the incumbent will be able to:
- Acquire confidence in using computers in Office and General Life
- Identify the basic components of computers and terminology
- Understand file management
- Create documents using a word processor, spreadsheet & presentation software
- Understand computer networks and browse the Internet, content search, email and collaborate with peers
- Use e-Governance applications and use the computer to improve existing skills and learn new skills
- Understanding Social Networking platform
- Using the Internet for Digital Financial services
- Develop knowledge about Future Skills
- Understand the various financial services and be aware of the various schemes started by the Government.
(i) Introduction to Computer Computer and Latest IT gadgets, Evolution of Computers & its applications, IT gadgets and their applications, Basics of Hardware and Software, Central Processing Unit, Input devices, Output devices, Computer Memory & storage, Application Software, Systems Software, Utility Software, Open source and Proprietary Software, Mobile Apps.
(ii) Introduction to Operating System Operating System, Basics of Operating System, Operating Systems for Desktop and Laptop, Operating Systems for Mobile Phone and Tablets, User Interface for Desktop and Laptop, Task Bar, Icons & shortcuts, running an application, Operating System simple setting, using the mouse and changing its properties, changing system date and time, changing display properties, to add or remove Program and its features, adding, removing &sharing Printers, File and Folder management, types of file extensions.
(iii) Word Processing Word Processing Basics, Opening Word Processing Package, Title Bar, Menu Bar, Toolbars & Sidebar, Creating a New Document, Opening and Closing Documents, Opening Documents, Save and Save As, Closing Document, Using The Help, Page Setup, Page Layout, Borders, Watermark, Print Preview, Printing of Documents, PDF file and Saving a Document as PDF file, Text Creation and manipulation, Document Creation, Editing Text, Text Selection, Cut, Copy and Paste, Font, Color, Style and Size selection, Alignment of Text, Undo & Redo, AutoCorrect, Spelling & Grammar, Find and Replace, Formatting the Text, Creating and using user-defined Styles, Paragraph Indentation, Bullets, and Numbering, Change case, Header & Footer, Table Manipulation, Insert & Draw Table, Changing cell width and height, Alignment of Text in the cell, Delete / Insertion of Row, Column and Merging & Splitting of Cells, Border and Shading, Mail Merge, Table of Contents, Indexes, Adding Comments, Tracking changes, Macros.
(iv) Spreadsheet Elements of Spread Sheet, Creating of Spread Sheet, Concept of Cell Address [Row and Column] and selecting a Cell, Entering Data [text, number, date] in Cells, Page Setup, Printing of Sheet, Saving Spreadsheet, Opening and Closing, Manipulation of Cells & Sheet, Modifying / Editing Cell Content, Formatting Cell (Font, Alignment, Style ), Cut, Copy, Paste & Paste Special, Changing Cell Height and Width, Inserting and Deleting Rows, Column, AutoFill, Sorting & Filtering, Freezing panes, Formulas, Functions, and Charts, Using Formulas for Numbers (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication & Division), AutoSum, Functions (Sum, Count, MAX, MIN, AVERAGE), Sort, Filter, Advanced Filter, Database Functions ( DSUM, DMIN, DMAX, DISCOUNT, DISCOUNT), What-if Analysis, Pivot table Charts (Bar, Column, Pie, Line), Data Validation.
(v) Presentation Creation of Presentation, Creating a Presentation Using a Template, Creating a Blank Presentation, Inserting & Editing Text on Slides, Inserting and Deleting Slides in a Presentation, Saving a Presentation, Manipulating Slides, Inserting Table, Adding Pictures, Inserting Other Objects, Resizing and Scaling an Object, Creating & using Master Slide, Presentation of Slides, Choosing a Set Up for Presentation, Running a Slide Show, Transition and Slide Timings, Automating a Slide Show, Providing Aesthetics to Slides & Printing, Enhancing Text Presentation, Working with Color and Line Style, Adding Movie and Sound, Adding Headers, Footers and Notes, Printing Slides and Handouts.
(vi) Introduction to the Internet and WWW Basic of Computer Networks, Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), Network Topology, Internet, Concept of Internet & WWW, Applications of the Internet, Website Address and URL, Introduction to IP Address, ISP and Role of ISP, Internet Protocol, Modes of Connecting Internet (HotSpot, Wifi, LAN Cable, BroadBand, USB Tethering), Identifying and uses of IP/MAC/IMEI of various devices, Popular Web Browsers (Internet Explorer/Edge, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, etc.), Exploring the Internet, Surfing the web, Popular Search Engines, Searching on Internet, Downloading Web Pages, Printing Web Pages.
(vii) E-mail, Social Networking, and e-Governance Services Structure of E-mail, Using E-mails, Opening Email account, Mailbox: Inbox and Outbox, Creating and Sending a new E-mail, Replying to an E-mail message, Forwarding an E-mail message, Searching emails, Attaching files with email, Email Signature, Social Networking & e-Commerce, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Instant Messaging (Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, Telegram), Introduction to Blogs, Basics of E-commerce, Netiquettes, Overview of e-Governance Services like Railway Reservation, Passport, eHospital [ORS], Accessing e-Governance Services on Mobile Using “UMANG APP”, Digital Locker.
(viii) Digital Financial Tools and Applications Digital Financial Tools, Understanding OTP [One Time Password]and QR [Quick Response] Code, UPI [Unified Payment Interface], AEPS [Aadhaar Enabled Payment System], USSD[Unstructured Supplementary Service Data], Card [Credit / Debit], eWallet, PoS [Point of Sale], Internet Banking, National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT), Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS), Immediate Payment Service (IMPS), Online Bill Payment.
(ix) Overview of Futureskills and Cyber Security Introduction to the Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Social & Mobile, Blockchain Technology, 3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing, Robotics Process Automation, Cyber Security, Need of Cyber Security, Securing PC, Securing Smart Phone.
- Design and create effective web pages
- Integrate graphics in web pages
- Design and edit images using tools
- Embed the images in web pages
(i) Introduction to Web Design Introduction of the Internet, WWW, Website, Working of Websites, Webpages, Front End, Back End, Client and Server Scripting Languages, Responsive Web Designing, Types of Websites (Static and Dynamic Websites).
(ii) Editors Downloading free Editors like Notepad++, Sublime Text Editor, Making use of Editors, File creation and editing, saving.
(iii)HTML Basics HTML: Introduction, Basic Structure of HTML, Head Section and Elements of Head Section, Formatting Tags: Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikethrough, Div, Pre Tag Anchor links and Named Anchors Image Tag, Paragraphs, Comments, Tables: Attributes –(Border, Cellpadding, Cellspacing, height, width), TR, TH, TD, Rowspan, Colspan Lists: Ordered List, Unordered List, Definition List, Forms, Form Elements, Input types, Input Attributes, Text Input Text Area, Dropdown, Radio buttons, Checkboxes, Submit and Reset Buttons Frames: Frameset, nested Frames. HTML 5 Introduction, HTML5 New Elements: Section, Nav, Article, Aside, audio Tag, Video Tag, HTML5 Form Validations: Require Attribute, Pattern Attribute, Autofocus Attribute, email, number type, date type , Range type, HTML embed multimedia, HTML Layout, HTML Iframe.
(iv)CSS Introduction to CSS, Types of CSS, CSS Selectors: Universal Selector, ID selector, Tag Selector, Class Selector, Sub Selector, Attribute Selector, Group Selector, CSS Properties: Back Ground properties, Block Properties, Box properties, List properties, Border Properties, Positioning Properties, CSS Lists CSS Tables, CSS Menu Design CSS Image Gallery.
(v) CSS Framework Web Site Development using W3.CSS Framework, W3.CSS Intro, W3.CSS Colors, W3.CSS Containers, W3.CSS Panels, W3.CSSBorders, W3.CSSFonts, W3.CSS Text, W3.CSS Tables, W3.CSS List, W3.CSSImages, W3.CSS Grid.
(vii) Photo Editor Features of Photo Editing:Tools: Selection Tools, Paint Tools, Transform Tools, Text Tool, Layers, Brightness/ Contrast, Improve Colors and tone, Filters.
(viii) Web Publishing and Browsing Overview, SGML (Standard Generalized Markup Language), Web hosting Basics, Documents Interchange Standards, Components of Web Publishing, Document management, Web Page Design Considerations, and Principles, Search and Meta Search Engines, WWW, Browser, HTTP, Publishing Tools.
Introduction Python is easy to use, powerful, and versatile programming language, making it a great choice for developers. Python is used widely in different areas like building Raspberry Pi applications, writing a script program for desktop applications, configuring servers, developing machine learning& data analytics applications, and developing web applications.
Objectives The objectives of this module are to make the learners understand the programming language concepts like Data Types, Loops, Functions; Python Lists, Strings, Tuples, Dictionaries, Elementary Data Handling using Pandas, NumPy, etc. After completion of this course, the learner is expected to analyze the real-life problem and write a program in Python to solve the problem. The main emphasis of the module will be on writing an algorithm to solve problems and implement in Python. After completion of the module, the learner will be able to
- Draw flow charts for solving different problems
- Develop efficient algorithms for solving a problem
- Use the various constructs of Python viz. conditional, iteration
- Write programs making judicious use of Lists, Strings, Tuples, Dictionaries wherever required
- Manage data using NumPy
- Handle files and create Modules in Python
(i) Introduction to Programming The basic model of computation, algorithms, flowcharts, Programming Languages, compilation, testing & debugging, and documentation.
(ii) Algorithms and Flowcharts to Solve Problems Flow Chart Symbols, Basic algorithms/flowcharts for sequential processing, decision-based processing, and iterative processing. Some examples like Exchanging values of two variables, the summation of a set of numbers, Decimal Base to Binary Base conversion, Reversing digits of an integer, GCD (Greatest Common Divisor) of two numbers, Test whether a number is prime, factorial computation, Fibonacci sequence, Evaluate ‘sin x’ as the sum of a series, Reverse the order of elements of an array, Find the largest number in an array, Print elements of the upper triangular matrix, etc.
(iii) Introduction to Python Python Introduction, Technical Strength of Python, Introduction to Python Interpreter and program execution, Using Comments, Literals, Constants, Python’s Built-in Data types, Numbers (Integers, Floats, Complex Numbers, Real, Sets), Strings (Slicing, Indexing, Concatenation, other operations on Strings), Accepting input from Console, printing statements, Simple ‘Python’ programs.
(iv) Operators, Expressions and Python Statements Assignment statement, expressions, Arithmetic, Relational, Logical, Bitwise operators and their precedence, Conditional statements: if, if-else, if-elif-else; simple programs, Notion of iterative computation and control flow –range function, While Statement, For loop, break statement, Continue Statement, Pass statement, else, asserts.
(v) Sequence Data Types Lists, tuples, and dictionary, (Slicing, Indexing, Concatenation, other operations on Sequence data type), the concept of mutability, Examples to include finding the maximum, minimum, mean; linear search on the list/tuple of numbers, and counting the frequency of elements in a list using a dictionary.
(vi) Functions The top-down approach of problem-solving, Modular programming and functions, Function parameters, Local variables, the Return statement, DocStrings, global statement, Default argument values, keyword arguments, varargs parameters. Library function-input(), eval(),print(), String Functions: count(), find(), find(), capitalize(), title(), lower(), upper(), swapcase(), islower(), isupper(), istitle(), replace(), strip(), strip(), strip(), split(), partition(), join(), isspace(), isalpha(), isdigit(), isalnum(), startswith(), endswith(), encode(), decode(), String: Slicing, Membership, Pattern Matching, Numeric Functions: eval(), max(), min(), pow(), round(), int(), random(), ceil(), floor(), sqrt(), Date & Time Functions, Recursion.
(vii) File Processing Concept of Files, File opening in various modes and closing of a file, Reading from a file, Writing onto a file, File functions-open(), close(), read(), readline(), readlines(),write(), write lines(),tell(),seek(), Command-Line arguments.
(viii) Scope and Modules Scope of objects and Names, LEGB Rule Module Basics, Module Files as Namespaces, Import Model, Reloading Modules.
(ix) NumPy Basics Introduction to NumPy, ndarray, datatypes, array attributes, array creation routines, Array From Existing Data, Array From Numerical Ranges, Indexing & Slicing.
The module is designed to equip a person with skills of web application development using PHP & MySQL under Linux environment. The module will cover aspects of how to use PHP, MySQL and client-side validations like AJAX and JQUERY to create powerful and easy to maintain database-driven web-based applications. It provides depth knowledge of web application development using open source tools like Linux, Apache, MySQL, and Php. After completing the module, the incumbent will be able to:
- Work on Linux operating system.
- Designing of Web Pages
- Configure and implement security features on Apache.
- Design a Database in MySQL
- Perform MySQL Administration
- Work in programming language PHP
- Develop a Website using Open Source Technologies
(i) Introduction to the Website Development Introduction of Web Site: Concept of Website and Web Pages, types of Websites Introduction to Open-source Technologies: Operating system, Web Server, Database, Scripting Languages Platforms for website development: LAMP, WAMP, and MAMP, Scripting language
(ii) Introduction to Linux Operating System Linux Operating System: Topics- Introduction, Installation, Linux Architecture, Boot Process, Kernel, System Initialization. Different flavors of Linux, Review of Basic Commands and Editors: Topics – Introduction to NetBeans, Installation and Configuring NetBeans, edit, Notepad++, Configuring Servers: Installation of PHP and MySQL on Linux Operating System, Installation of Net Beans IDE and its configuration, Configuration of Apache Server
(iii) Design of Web Pages Basic HTML:HTML Basics, HTML Elements, HTML Attributes, HTML Headings, HTML Paragraphs, HTML Styles, HTML Formatting, HTML Quotations, HTML Links, HTML Table, HTML Lists, HTML Blocks, HTML Classes, HTML IFrames etc. HTML Forms: HTML Form Elements, Input Types, Input Attributes. CSS: CSS Introduction, CSS Types, CSS Padding, CSS Id & Class, Styling Backgrounds Fonts, Links, CSS Border, HTML5
(v) Server-side programming language PHP Introduction of Php: Programming Concepts, Architecture of web application, PHP Data Types, and basics Control Structures: Conditional statement, if, else, case, for, while loops Arrays in PHP: Types of Arrays, Array attributes, Associative arrays, Array functions. PHP Functions: String and other functions in PHP, Super global, PHP Functions, Types of Function: User Defined Function and Inbuilt Functions, PHP Email Function, etc. Object-Oriented Concepts: Classes, defining a class and its usage, Constructor, Inheritance, Exception Handling, Use of include and require. PHP Forms methods: GET, POST & REQUEST, creating user forms. File handling in PHP: Uploading files and images, Using file system in PHP.
(vi) Database Connectivity with PHP and MySQL Creation of Database Connection file, Database connectivity, using MySQL functions in PHP. Server-side validations. Inserting, Updating, deleting data using PHP and MySQL through forms, Bind Parameters for Database Queries, Using MySQL Store procedures in PHP, Database server configuration using IPv4 and IPv6, Fetching Data from the Database server.
(vii) Web Services &Security Vulnerabilities Web service architecture & Introduction, Session and cookies, Authentication and Authorization, storing hashed passwords in the database, login and Logout operation, Access Control Filter, Session-based, and cookie-based login, Using security features, etc. SQL Injection, Cross-Site Scripting, Broken Authentication and Session Management, Insecure Direct Object References, Cross-Site Request Forgery, Security Misconfiguration, Insecure Cryptographic Storage, Failure to restrict URL access.
- Introduction to Computer (T1) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Computer (T2) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Computer (P1) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Computer (P2) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Computer (P3) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Operating System (T1) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Operating System (T2) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Operating System (P1) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Operating System (P2) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Operating System (P3) 02:00:00
- Spreadsheet (T1) 02:00:00
- Spreadsheet (T2) 02:00:00
- Spreadsheet (T3) 02:00:00
- Spreadsheet (T4) 02:00:00
- Spreadsheet (P1) 02:00:00
- Spreadsheet (P2) 02:00:00
- Spreadsheet (P3) 02:00:00
- Spreadsheet (P4) 02:00:00
- Spreadsheet (P5) 02:00:00
- Spreadsheet (P6) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Internet and WWW (T1) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Internet and WWW (T2) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Internet and WWW (T3) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Internet and WWW (P1) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Internet and WWW (P2) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Internet and WWW (P3) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Internet and WWW (P4) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Internet and WWW (P5) 02:00:00
- Digital Financial Tools and Applications (T1) 02:00:00
- Digital Financial Tools and Applications (T2) 02:00:00
- Digital Financial Tools and Applications (P1) 02:00:00
- Digital Financial Tools and Applications (P2) 02:00:00
- Digital Financial Tools and Applications (P3) 02:00:00
- Editors (T1) 02:00:00
- Editors (P1) 02:00:00
- CSS (T1) 02:00:00
- CSS (T2) 02:00:00
- CSS (T3) 02:00:00
- CSS (T4) 02:00:00
- CSS (T5) 02:00:00
- CSS (P1) 02:00:00
- CSS (P2) 02:00:00
- CSS (P3) 02:00:00
- CSS (P4) 02:00:00
- CSS (P5) 02:00:00
- CSS (P6) 02:00:00
- CSS (P7) 02:00:00
- Web Publishing and Browsing (T1) 02:00:00
- Web Publishing and Browsing (P1) 02:00:00
- Web Publishing and Browsing (P2) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Programming (T1) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Programming (P1) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Python (T1) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Python (P1) 02:00:00
- Introduction to Python (P2) 02:00:00
- Sequence Data Types (T1) 02:00:00
- Sequence Data Types (T2) 02:00:00
- Sequence Data Types (T3) 02:00:00
- Sequence Data Types (P1) 02:00:00
- Sequence Data Types (P2) 02:00:00
- Sequence Data Types (P3) 00:02:00
- Sequence Data Types (P4) 02:00:00
- File Processing (T1) 02:00:00
- File Processing (T2) 02:00:00
- File Processing (T3) 02:00:00
- File Processing (P1) 02:00:00
- File Processing (P2) 02:00:00
- File Processing (P3) 02:00:00
- File Processing (P4) 02:00:00
- File Processing (P5) 02:00:00
- NumPy Basics (T1) 02:00:00
- NumPy Basics (T2) 02:00:00
- NumPy Basics (P1) 02:00:00
- NumPy Basics (P2) 02:00:00
- NumPy Basics (P3) 02:00:00
- Introduction to the Website Development (T1) 02:00:00
- Introduction to the Website Development (P1) 02:00:00
- Design of Web Pages (T1) 02:00:00
- Design of Web Pages (T2) 02:00:00
- Design of Web Pages (P1) 02:00:00
- Design of Web Pages (P2) 02:00:00
- Design of Web Pages (P3) 02:00:00
- Server-side programming language PHP (T1) 02:00:00
- Server-side programming language PHP (T2) 02:00:00
- Server-side programming language PHP (T3) 02:00:00
- Server-side programming language PHP (T4) 02:00:00
- Server-side programming language PHP (T5) 02:00:00
- Server-side programming language PHP (T6) 02:00:00
- Server-side programming language PHP (T7) 02:00:00
- Server-side programming language PHP (T8) 02:00:00
- Server-side programming language PHP (P1) 02:00:00
- Server-side programming language PHP (P2) 02:00:00
- Server-side programming language PHP (P3) 02:00:00
- Server-side programming language PHP (P4) 02:00:00
- Server-side programming language PHP (P5) 02:00:00
- Server-side programming language PHP (P6) 02:00:00
- Server-side programming language PHP (P7) 02:00:00
- Server-side programming language PHP (P8) 02:00:00
- Server-side programming language PHP (P9) 02:00:00
- Server-side programming language PHP (P10) 02:00:00
- Server-side programming language PHP (P11) 02:00:00
- Server-side programming language PHP (P12) 02:00:00
- Web Services & Security Vulnerabilities (T1) 02:00:00
- Web Services & Security Vulnerabilities (T2) 02:00:00
- Web Services & Security Vulnerabilities (P1) 02:00:00
- Web Services & Security Vulnerabilities (P2) 02:00:00
- Web Services & Security Vulnerabilities (P3) 02:00:00